Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A cold, muggy day

Well today was cold and muggy out. It didnt really rain, but was drizling out all day. So needless to say, Mason and I didnt get out of the house today. With weather like that and no car, who could blame me-haha! So days like these can go either great, or not so great. It all depends on how bored a certain 2 year old gets-haha! Surprisingly, today was a good day. We did our usual routine, watch a few shows, color, play cars or cooking. Although not all muggy, rainy days go like that. Im just glad that today was a good one. While we were coloring today, I decided to make a countdown. Mason and I are flying back to Texas soon, and he asks about going everyday-ahha! So I thought maybe if we make a countdown, it might help him visualize more of when we are leaving. So we called it the "countdown to Texas". We had 8 days left today. So I made 8 spaces counting down to 1. At the end of the numbers we put an airplane sticker, so when all the other numbers are covered, that means we are leaving for Texas. Im not sure if he completly gets the concept, but he loves the fact of putting sticker on it-haha!
While mason was taking a nap, I sat and pondered on my life. I love my life as a mommy, but sometimes its just so tiring and exausting. Im sure all moms could agree with me on that. What I was thinking about the most, is how I have lost myself in this crazy, busy life. My days consist of taking care of someone 24/7. Dont get me wrong, I know thats my job as a parent, and I love staying at home with Mason. I love my Mason ,he's my world, but you have to stop and ask yourself, what about me? How did I loose myself? How do you juggle the time being a mother and enjoying interest and time for you? So I decided, I need to find that girl again. I need to find new interest's and things to do. It's hard over here, because theres not to much to do on base or off that I know off. So this could be a challenge. I need to do this though for myself. I think any woman makes a better wife and mother, when they have a better balance of time for themsleves and there interests.
After nap time, we made some popcorn and watched Curious George together. Mason is a kid after my own heart. Now every time we eat popcorn, he always wants a pickle too, just like mommy-haha! Today I watched him in amazement. I just can't believe sometimes just how big he's getting and how much he can do now. Like today while he was watching Dora, he said the word delicioso so clear and perfect. I was just like wow, now he's learning Spanish! He amazes me from day to day. Now were just sitting here waiting for Josh to get home. Were having yummy jumbolya for supper-mmmm! Well I hope that you all are having better weather than us and a great day too!

Our Countdown we made.

Mason sleeping at nap time, they always look so peaceful while they sleep-haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment